Travelling is a part of our life – be it for necessity or recreation.
The coronavirus changed all our lives, and travelling becomes more uncertain. To travel save and to avoid unnecessary risks for you and others, there are some things you should consider before travelling:
All travel comes with some risk of getting or spreading COVID-19
It is very important that before you travel, check if COVID-19 is spreading in your local area and in any of the places you are going. Do not travel if you or your family are sick, have any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been around someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
Check for any travel restrictions
When planning your vacations see if there are any travel restrictions, stay-at-home orders, quarantining or testing requirements in your local area and all places you’re planning to visit. This information is available at the websites of Ministries of Health, Ministries of Foreign Affairs and local health authorities.
Before booking check cancellation policies
Keep in mind, that COVID related policies may change with little advance notice and your travel plans may be disrupted. It is important to check if the agency or hotel has flexible cancellation policies.
Travel with insurance
Choose a travel insurance that covers expenses in case you get sick with COVID-19 before you travel or during your vacations. An insurance like this will reimburse you if you can’t travel due to a positive COVID test. It will also cover medical expenses and hotel expenses in case of extended stay to comply with the quarantine required by COVID-19 on the recommendation of healthcare professionals (Important: These conditions vary and you must check all conditions with your insurance company).
In the destination follow all safety measures
If you are travelling to the Algarve, choose Sustainable Travels!
- All our 2021 tours include travel insurance with COVID-19 protection!
- Flexible cancellation policy.
You can cancel until 15 days before your travel if: Portugal or your departure country borders are closed, quarantine measures are imposed in Portugal or your departure country or your flights are cancelled due to COVID-19.
- We comply with hygiene and cleaning requirements for the prevention and control of COVID-19 and other possible infections.
- We have an internal protocol regarding the outbreak of COVID19.
- All our employees received specific information about basic precautions for infection prevention and control.
- All our partners respect hygiene and safety protocols.
- We provide our customers with information on the basic precautions for prevention and control of COVID19.
Did you find this post relevant? Shared it!
Thank you for reading!