Travel & COVID 19
Clean & Safe
Turismo de Portugal created a “Clean and Safe” stamp of approval to distinguish tourist activities which are compliant with hygiene and cleaning requirements for the prevention and control of COVID-19 and other possible infections.
Sustainable Travels is a certified company since May 2020.
This stamp created by WTTC (World Travel and Tourism Council) allows travellers to recognise governments and companies around the world which have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols – so consumers can experience ‘Safe Travels’.
Sustainable Travels is a certified company since June 2020.
What to except in the Algarve?
👉 Flights: If you are thinking of flying directly to Faro or other inland airport there are no restritions or quarentine needed. Just follow the safety procedures of the air companies and airports.
👉 Restaurants and similars: Restaurants, coffee-shops and bakeries are open. However, there are some restrictions:
– The number of people allowed inside a restaurant was reduced to half capacity. So it is better to reserve a table in advance.
– You should use a mask inside the establishments, except when you are sitting at your table. So, every time you need to move inside the restaurant, for example to pay or use the restroom, you must put the mask.
👉 Beaches: Beaches are officially open since 6th of June. It was created a new flag that is placed at the entrance of the beach indicating if it is full of people or not. Green, means there is still plenty of space. Yellow, says it is getting too full. And red, means the beache is at is maximum capacity.
There is an app (https://www.posso-ir.com/#download) to check the occupancy of the beaches in real time.
At the beach you should leave a space of 2 meters from other people’s towels.
👉 Hotels: All types of accommodation are open. There are strict rules all hotels must follow. These rules insure efficient cleanning and safety measures, for example:
– Buffet breakfasts are not allowed.
– You may have to book your breakfast hour to avoid crowds at the breakfast room.
– Hotels can not be fully booked.
👉 Activities: Outdoor activities are reduced to a maximum of 20 people.