Travel & COVID 19
Clean & Safe
Turismo de Portugal created a “Clean and Safe” stamp of approval to distinguish tourist activities that are compliant with hygiene and cleaning requirements for the prevention and control of COVID-19 and other possible infections.
Sustainable Travels is a certified company since May 2020.
This stamp created by WTTC (World Travel and Tourism Council) allows travellers to recognize governments and companies around the world which have adopted health and hygiene global standardized protocols – so consumers can experience ‘Safe Travels’.
Sustainable Travels is a certified company since June 2020.
What to expect in the Algarve?
👉 Flights: All passengers entering Portugal through Lisbon, Porto, Faro or Beja airports are subject to infrared temperature control. Under the terms defined, passengers can be subjected to a diagnostic test to COVID-19 and must remain confined in their homes until they receive a negative test result. Temperature control does not apply to passengers in transit as long as they remain at airports.
👉 Restaurants and similars: Restaurants, coffee-shops and bakeries are open. However, there are some restrictions:
– The number of people allowed inside a restaurant was reduced to half capacity. So it is better to reserve a table in advance.
– You should use a mask inside the establishments, except when you are sitting at your table. So, every time you need to move inside the restaurant, for example, to pay or use the restroom, you must put on the mask.
👉 Hotels: All types of accommodation are open. There are strict rules all hotels must follow. These rules ensure efficient cleaning and safety measures, for example:
– Buffet breakfasts are not allowed.
– You may have to book your breakfast hour to avoid crowds in the breakfast room.
– Hotels can not be fully booked.
👉 On the streets: Gatherings are limited to a maximum of 5 people. The use of masks on the street is recommended, whenever it is not possible to maintain the necessary social distance (2 meters).