From 330 €
The Algarve has so much to discovery. In this tour, you will discovery two amazing spots: the Ria Formosa Natural Park and the Algarve country side. You will spend your stay between the sea and the mountains, on a calm environment to relax and enjoy what the Algarve nature was to offer.
Arrival and check-in at your accommodation.
Ria Formosa is one of the most important wetlands in Europe and worldwide and this day is entirely dedicated to it!
You can choose how to discover the natural park:
– Bike tour at Quinta de Marim: Let a true Olhanense guide you to Quinta de Marim. Discover the wildlife, see some roman ruins and enjoy the fantastic view from the top of a traditional watermill.
– Boat Tour to explore the marshals of the park: This boat tour will give you a different perspective of the natural park, as you will witness how wildlife and humans live in the area. Birds use this area for shelter and feeding and men work on the seafood nurseries. The marshals are protected by barrier islands that offer beautiful deserted white sand beaches.
Day three, will take you in the opposite direction, away from the coast and up the hillside! You will visit a cork factory and a cork plantation. Portugal has the biggest cork production in the world! During this visit, you will have an insight of all the process of making cork and discovery different ways of use the cork. Free afternoon.
Day four is dedicated to Olhão and the Algarve’s traditional food. Visit this historical fishing town, sample the tastes of the coastal traditional delicacies, and find the best way to immerse yourself in the Algarvian fish culture. During 5 hours, you will be lead through fish and fruit markets, cannery museum, old neighbours and typical taverns.
Check-out from the hotel.
- 4 nights accommodation with breakfast
- Guided Tours as Indicated
- 1 Lunch
- Assistance during travel
- Insurance during activities
- Digital book with all the information and tips for your trip
Lodging at small rural hotels or countryside guesthouses at standard double rooms.
From April to October.
Starts every Mondays and Wednesdays.
Discover Our Other Tours and Experiences!
Click below and discovery other sustainable tours and experiences in the Algarve.